Culture Next- EU Network
Culture Next – EU Network
31 member cities
Role of Galway Culture Company
- Facilitates membership on behalf of Galway city
- Attends monthly meetings online and contributes to network activities
This project falls under our first strategic aim;
Facilitate International and EU Relationships and Funding.
Galway has joined 31 cities and 18 countries in the EU Cultural Network called Culture Next. Culture Next is dedicated to current or former European Capital of Culture (ECoC) candidates, whether awarded or not. The network focuses on capacity building, organising conferences and annual meetings, and on developing a platform for promoting member cities, as well as facilitating collaborations among them. The network also aims to become a voice in shaping European cultural policies.
Projects outcomes-what we expect from this project
- Facilitate International and EU Relationships
- Opportunities for Galway Artists to participate in Mobility projects with member cities
- Access to open calls with members
- Promote Galway in Europe and with member cities and countries.
How is this project funded
Membership is paid for by Galway City Council as a Municipality member